Wanted: Community Captain (Position FIlled)
We’re looking for extra hands on deck to help grow Ocean Nomads to better assist the dreamers, do-ers and adventure seekers for ocean adventure travel, connection and contribution to ocean conservation.
To be able to consistently continue sailing smooth seas, create meaningful connections, keep up the value and maintain the personalized approach, we’re recrewting for a Community Captain.
Over the years we’ve organized numerous sailing trips and expeditions. Mid 2020 we also launched our membership. The ocean nomads community keeps growing organically all across the world. It’s exciting and inspiring to connect ocean souls with each other and to nature. This is at the core of what Ocean Nomads does. To level up our game and bring more value to our members globally and locally, we need more hands-on deck to implement the ideas and do more and better to connect members to each other, the ocean, and ocean adventure.
This job is a unique opportunity to play an integral part of an oceanminded adventurous endeavour with a cause. This is an ideal job for someone looking to accelerate his or her ocean nomads lifestyle, get well connected with beautiful ocean souls across the globe, make a difference, and bring ocean adventure into your house/vessel/vehicle now.
As Community Captain you’ll be largely taking over Suzanne’s job of connecting people and make sure members feel home and happy in the community and find more than what they’re looking for. You help maintain, build and grow the Ocean Nomads community.
You’ll mostly engage, create, host, and interact on our dedicated member app, occasionally on Social Media to inspire the dreamers, and occasionally in the wild with meet-ups and sailing events. At the moment we’re mostly looking for support with online tasks. This is a dynamic position and sails will be adjusted as we go.
- Member welcoming and adding them to our magic member map.
- Create personalized connections between members. You are up to date, what members are up to.
- Host and organize meet-ups, talks and workshops online and in the wild.
- Reply to member questions and post comments to help people on their ocean nomads journeys
- Create and schedule posts, events, and resources in the member area.
- Help find and publish the best member stories, photos and videos so we can inspire the world for ocean adventure and action.
- Amplify member projects and stories on Social Media.
- Champion the Ocean Nomads values across Social Media and wherever you navigate.
- Moderation support in our Facebook groups.
- Help promote trips, new projects, resources and things we develop.
- Support with content creation and curation (member newsletter, blogs and internal member posts, resources and discussions).
- Email Inbox management.
- Support with trip application and trip communication.
- Small admin tasks.
- Sharing your fresh eyes and energy on what we do.
The priority focus is on our Members. You are not expected to do all this all the time.
- You’re a jack of all trades.
- “Let’s do it and it can be done” DRIVE + MINDSET!
- Value-driven passionate and enthusiastic about everything ocean, sailing & sustainability.
- You love to make introductions, be social, and empower people.
- Super curious to learn what every member is dreaming and doing.
- You live the Ocean Nomads values.
- Have consistently access to a computer, smartphone and a good enough internet connection.
- Computer savvy, entrepreneurial, action-orientated, creative, resourceful, organized, independent, communicative, self-motivated, efficient, and pro-active.
- Helpful skills and experience: Social Media Savvy, well-written English, wordpress knowledge, creative, sailor, watersports, nomad, and/or environmentalist by heart.
Strong preference for current ocean nomads volunteers, ambassadors, trip alumni, members, and candidates that have the means to invoice us.
- You’ll play a key part in expanding Ocean Nomads network.
- You’ll be informed and introduced about all that’s going on with Ocean Nomads and its members.
- Access and introductions to ON members, partners, ambassadors
- You will be taught the ropes in ON related areas of your interest and develop skills that can help you sustain a nomadic lifestyle
- You can receive mentorship, insights, intro’s from Suzanne on ocean nomads lifestyle design, crewing, boat living, and ocean adventure travel.
- Learn about community building and growing
- ON VIP treatment and appropriate discount or if possible free pass on membership, merchandise and/ or our next sailing event
- Lots of room for your creative input
- Work from anywhere and anytime
You can dedicate +/- 5-7 hours / week with a daily check-in most of the days.
Remuneration: 500 Euro / Month
Start date March 1, 2022.
Do you say ‘Hell Yeah, that’s me’? let us hear from you!
Email Suzanne at crew @ oceannomads.co with ‘Community Captain Application’ in the email subject. We’d love to hear from you (in which ever way you like to express yourself: photo, video, or writing):
- What excites you about Ocean Nomads?
- Why you would like to take on this job?
- What makes you the right candidate?
- Where you are based now and the months to come?
- What are your personal ocean nomads ambitions?
- About your previous experience with Community Management
- What would you like to gain/learn/develop?
- Are you an ocean nomads member?
- Are you a registered freelancer and have the means to invoice?
This is a dynamic position and sails will be adjusted as we go. We are a small social business on a mission, with room to grow, become more involved in other areas of the organisation, and be rewarded for your efforts.